November 26, 2013

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

Everything is better with the taste of mint.  I took a family favorite, Original Nestle® Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookies, and instead of using a bag of chocolate chips, I substituted a bag of Andes Baking Chips which is essentially chopped up Andes Mint Candy, which are like crack to me.  That and the Christmas Peppermint ones. 

The cookies turned out amazing, and I'm not sure I can go back to not adding the mints.  What I have found out though is not *everyone* likes mint. What????  So for the sake of being kind, I'll eat the entire bag of mints, alone in a closet, not add them, but add the *normal* chocolate chips.


I also made another family favorite.  The Best Ever Chocolate Cake and substituted the bag of chocolate chips for a bag of the Andes Baking Chips.  Again, I learned that not *everyone* is crazy for mint like I am.  Those that love mint, love the cake even more than before.

I also now see by looking at the picture of the second cake, I had not learning the art of cropping my photos. 

It was a busy baking this weekend.  It was perfect baking weather and the holidays are so close.  I baked Snickerdoodles (and no, I didn't get a Golden Doodle)


And finally, to round out the amazing scents that were already going on in our home, I made some Peanut Butter Cookies.  This recipe makes a lot and it says it's okay to freeze.  Normally there are not enough to freeze, but since I made three different types of cookies, I froze some.  I'm skeered though...frozen cookies, thawed...how can they be fresh and taste like they came right out of the oven?


No mint added to the Peanut Butter Cookies or the Snickerdoodles, but that's an interesting idea.  Everyone has their favorites, and it's always fun to me to hear what they are. 

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I additionally made an alternate family top choice. The best ever chocolate cake and substituted the pack of chocolate chips for a sack of the Andes Baking Chips. Again, I discovered that not everyone is insane for mint like I am. Those that love mint, love the cake much more than some time recently.

    Birthday cake makers

    ReplyDelete