November 10, 2013

Butterscotch-Pecan Blondies

Hmmmmmmmm....my first reaction to new things, whether baking or buying a new book or new product is to read the reviews.  But today, I was just so super excited to make some treats for my husband, I just ripped this out of my magazine and went straight to the kitchen and whipped up these Butterscotch-Pecan Blondies.


I'm sad to say they are dry.  Dry, dry, dry.  Edible, yes, but mouthwatering, gotta have more than one, stand over the sink, no need for a plate and gotta keep the recipe good?  Nope.  And now, as I go back to the recipe to what other people wrote someone else mentioned they are dry. 

I repeat, they are edible.  Hub will eat them, slathered in ice cream and my office peeps will eat them, or at least eat one...based on the email they will get from me warning them that they are *dry*;  and they already know they are *testers* for me, so it's always a hit or miss for them.

In reality, the recipe is very close to these Chewy Toffee Bars, so I will just stick with them.  They are always a success.

So, my recommendation, if you are looking for some blonde brownies, try the Chewy Toffee Bars!


Enjoy! 
P.S.   The good news for Hub is that I also made him some Honey Nut Wheat Bread!  Which is always 100% amazing.  And...it makes the house smell luscious! 




1 comment:

  1. I just love that you try out and critique new recipes. I'll have to dig up the Chewy Toffee Bar recipe. My family of taste testers have grown weary of my not so great cooking prowess and could use a positive treat - so could my domestic ego. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete