December 4, 2012

White Chocolate Peppermint Bark

It is officially Christmas season at our house.  How do I know?  Is it the fact that the Christmas lights are up?  The tree is up, so that must be it.  Nope, Christmas gifts are almost all purchased, so that has to be it.  Nope.  Temperature is still a balmy 80 degrees outside? Nope.

Peppermint Bark has started flowing out of my kitchen like snow melting off of a mountain in the spring.  Yep, that's it...White Chocolate Peppermint Bark is everywhere.  I think Peppermint Bark is so pretty and so refreshing and so, well, pepperminty.



It is so super easy, just melt some white chocolate, pray that I don't get distracted or that it burns and stir it up so it is silky smooth, add some chopped up peppermints and a drop of Peppermint Extract, not mandatory though, spread out on wax paper, sprinkle more peppermint pieces on top and pop in fridge, and viola, 30 minutes later....Christmas Season is here.

I love sending it to friends, even more than cookies.  My only hope is that is not all melted when it arrives.  It *shouldn't* be, but it's still totally edible, just much chunkier.


For a touch more color, I sometimes add some green sprinkles.  Creative, I know.  Then take a crappy picture so the white bark looks yellow.  :-(


Happy Holidays!!!!





3 comments:

  1. Precious, I have had alot of WCPB in my day, but YOU make the BEST there is. It's mouthwatering and ever so crunchy with the salty sweet thing going on. ohhhhhh it's good.
    Hmmm, but maybe I should try this years batch, you know, just to be sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. made this tonight and it was absolutely amazing!! the whole entire house loved and devoured it. thank you for sharing the recipe. <3 and it was super simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I love it and will be making some this weekend! It's the Christmas season!!!

      Delete