September 18, 2012

Chocolate Walnut French Toast

Yep, you read correctly.  Chocolate Walnut French Toast.  Even thinking the words as I type them make me have to get up and get another slice....I'm back.

I made this gorgeous, perfectly colored loaf, in the bread machine.  I used feel to like I was cheating by using a bread machine, and kinda still do and some of you may definitely feel that way.  Or not.   Oh well.  I'm 99.9% good with it.  I'm one loaf away from being 100% good with it.  The way the house smells when it's done (glorious) makes everything good for me.


Odd shape, but great taste!


See how pretty the inside looks? I think the original  recipe has it as a "marbled" bread, but I think I add the chocolate chips and walnuts before I should, so it's definitely not marbly.  The recipe in the link is the not the exact recipe that I used.  Contact me and I'll send it to you...too lazy to type it all here. 

So eating the bread, as well, bread, is simply enough.  I don't even add butter to it, but clearly, I'd have no issues doing that.


In fact I spent a large portion of the day, tearing off chunks, like it was candy, with no calories.

Now, on to the reason you clicked and kept reading...may I present Chocolate Walnut French Toast!


It's definitely a keeper recipe and on the "Sweet" days at our dream bed and breakfast, you will find it served, along with a glass of ice cold milk.  (If you like milk, of course).

It's chocolately, with a small amount of crunch, due to the walnuts and buttery and good.  Yes, a keeper it is.

This tasty goodness is part of Sweet Confessions Sunday Link Park #10!!  Have fun looking at all of the fun recipes! 





2 comments:

  1. I'll bet this DOES smell delicious! Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, My! This looks delicious. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Mommy's Sweet Confessions. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House which goes live at 8am CST on Monday. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete