April 5, 2012

Cherry Peach Cobbler

One of the easiest things to make, for me at least, is cobbler;  I got this recipe from a guy I used to work with...it was from his mother;  he later died, way too young, and every time I make this cobbler, I think of him.  It's easy peasy and never does it go wrong.  My family loves it and I actually double the recipe, add some cooking time, and viola....warm cobbler.  Plus if you double the recipe, you get more the cakey goodness that goes along with the fruit. 

I love cherries, like some people love chocolate, so of course, I made a cherry cobbler.  Unfortunately, my family doesn't LOVE cherries, but they do love peaches....hence, the Cherry Peach combination.  I'm happy, family is happy...bellies are full, life is good.





Peach Cobbler

1/2 c butter
1 c sugar
1 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 c milk
29 oz Freestone Alberta Peaches (or 2 cans of peaches and one can of Cherry Pie Filling...or any fruit combo)
1 tsp vanilla
1tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 - Put butter in baking dish (I use a 9 x 13 Pyrex dish) and put in oven until it melts.

Mix all ingredients together;  pour on melted butter, do not stir.

Pour  in fruits of your choice, do not stir.

Bake for 40 minutes.

It's crazy tasty if you eat it warm, and equally as yummy at room temp.  Add whipped cream or ice cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment